Friday, April 6, 2012

The beginning...

So today I have decided to start my smoothie diet by replacing one meal per day with a home-made smoothie.  After being a surrogate and giving birth to the child in November I finally decided to get serious about losing this "baby weight."  Then I remembered my history of not following through on things and came up with the conclusion that if I start a blog about this diet I'll feel responsible to post daily and this will in turn force me to stick to my diet. 

My thought it to post my recipe along with any alterations I want to make after tasting it along with a picture or two.  Being a normal woman of sane mind I will not be posting my actual weight on here but I will keep you up to date as far as pounds lost.

I actually had my first smoothie yesterday when my friend and I decided to make some at her house.  After going to buy a blender and gathering all the necssesary ingredients we made our smoothies.  Mine had strawberries, blackberries and bananas in it.  We used almond milk and protein powder.  I didn't write down the exact measurements but I did realize that a whole banana is way too much banana for me!  It was good but all I could taste was the banana.

Today's recipe is:

3 large strawberries (approx. 18 calories)
1 large navel orange (approx. 100 calories)
1 scoop of protein powder (80 calories)
1 tbsp coconut oil (120 calories)
1/2 cup almond milk (45 calories)
13 ice cubes

Total calories = 363
This made a LARGE glass!

After tasting I will definitely use less ice and coconut oil.  Too much ice made it a little too cold and too liquid.  I like my smoothies a little on the thicker side.  I don't taste much fruit which is odd because they were both very full bodied on their own.

Here's the smoothie itself.  I need to learn how to turn pictures!

This is to give you a sense of the size of the fruits.


1 comment:

  1. Looks good to me, maybe I'll join you. I am looking forward to more recipes from you and other followers. Good luck and "smoothie" sailing LMAO :)

    ReplyDelete